Sunday, February 26, 2012

Looks I Love: Oscar Edition

Oscar gowns have severely disappointed me in the past, but this year brought an interesting and varied array of beautiful gowns. The ladies showed up in every shade from red to green, gold to silver. Here are my favorites in no particular order:

Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton

Maria Menounos in Maria Lucia Hohan.

 Kristin Wiig in J. Mendel.

Missi Pyle in  a sustainable gown by Valentina Delfino.

 Kelly Osbourne in Georges Hobieka.

 Maya Rudolph in Johanna Johnson.

 Rooney Mara channeling gothic glamour in Givenchy.

Glenn Close in Zac Posen.

Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji.

Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad.

My favorite look of the evening went to the always lovely, Natalie Portman:

Natalie Portman looking classic, retro and gorgeous in vintage Spring '54 Dior.

My vote for most glamorous couple goes to Alexandra Edenborough and Gary Oldman:

Edenborough in ??? (do you know?) and Oldman in Paul Smith.

No comments: