Sunday, June 5, 2011

Film I Love: Midnight in Paris


This weekend, my mom and I went and saw Woody Allan's latest film, Midnight in Paris. As soon as the film ended, I turned to my mom and told her that "I loved it". She felt the same. It is delightful, whimsical and highly imaginative. MIP stars Owen Wilson as Gil, a screenwriter from Beverly Hills who longs to be what he feels is a real writer, a novelist. He has traveled to Paris for vacation with his fiancee and soon-to-be inlaws. He is enthralled by the beauty of the city, but finds that he longs for something beyond his regular life believing that he would have been more suited to have lived in Paris in the 1920's Jazz Age. I will not say anymore as I don't want to ruin it for anyone. I will simply say see it. Rachel McAdams, Michael Sheen, Carla Bruni and Alison Pill also appear in the film and are great. I must say though that my favorite actors in the film are Marion Cotillard, whom I find absolutely enchanting; Adrien Brody, who is truly fabulous in his brief role; Kathy Bates who is always fantastic; and Corey Stoll, who is typically seen on the small screen in shows such as Law & Order: Los Angeles is utterly fantastic as a famously brooding writer.

See MIP for the gorgeous Parisian sites, the fabulous acting, the whimsical story, amazing costumes and Rachel McAdams' enviable wardrobe.





No comments: