Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Music Selections

Here are a few tracks that are currently making me groove:

Theophilus London- this is guy is the epitome of cool. He is truly a 'hip-hop hipster'. His musical style, as well as his personal style reflect this. Check him out.





Massive Balloon feat. Theophilus London- Massive Balloon is an artist/producer and is part of the band TV on the Radio. His debut album is pretty interesting and has some great cameos from other artists. This, however, is my favorite...especially since it features the extremely talented Theophilus London.



The Naked and Famous- hailing from New Zealand. I am currently addicted to their track "Young Blood".



Passion Pit- After hearing The Naked and Famous's "Young Blood", I thought... "hmm, this sounds like something I have heard before". Turns out it was Passion Pit. Different band, similar sound, different gender singer. Awesome sound. This song "The Reeling" just makes me want to dance.



Foster the People- their track "Pumped Up Kicks" is a perfect song to kick off this summer.



Fitz and the Tantrums- the track "Moneygrabber" makes me want to dress like a chic 60's chick and fly to London. The video just further emphasizes this urge. Another fantastic dance track!



Adele- I must admit, I have not listened to the whole album '21' yet, but I promise I will. So far though, a stand out for me is her gorgeous cover of The Cure's "Lovesong". There is no official video for this track but here is a live version.



Awolnation- their track "Sail" reminds me of an agro-awesome version of an Enya track. However, I think my favorite track from their album is "Burn it Down". It also has a ridiculously rad video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adele is absolutely gorgeous. I am so sick of turning on the radio and listening to the same thing. If it is not a 13 years old singing, it is some kind of electronic voice, probably wearing some kind of plastic jacket. Adele has no artificial flavors. It is just her sitting on a dark stage, with her plain black outfit. She just sits there and open her mouth and sings. And that is all she needs. And that is all we want. Bruno***