Sunday, February 13, 2011

Grammys 2011

I must admit that I did not watch all of the Grammy Award's show. I think it is probably one of my least favorite awards shows as I often find a lot of it to be pretty contrived and not representative of much of my own musical tastes. However, I actually wish that I had caught more of it this year and will have to see if I can find some of the performances online. I was impressed to see that many of my favorites were among those present and/or performing.

Here are a few favorites:

Katy Perry looking so cute and festive for Valentine's Day.


Jonelle Monae performing.


Rhianna performing with Eminem. This is a jaw-droppingly gorgeous dress!


One of my favorite little weirdos, Lady Gaga.


Mumford and Sons performing.


John Mayer, Norah Jones and Keith Urban performing Dolly Parton's hit "Jolene". I am not a country fan, but this is an amazing song. Norah Jones looks adorable.


Florence Welch arriving in an interesting gown and performing in the Aretha Franklin tribute. I would have loved to have seen her perform her own music.


My personal highlight of the night...seeing Arcade Fire perform "Month of May", win the Grammy for Best Album and then watching them perform "Ready to Start". During their final performance of the night, you could just tell that the whole band was bouncing off the walls with excitement after winning the Grammy's highest honours.



The red carpet was utterly disappointing and I think the men really outdid the women this year. Honourable Mentions from the red carpet:

I must say that Vampire Weekend are a group of stylish young men.


Mumford and Sons also looking awesome.


Jennifer Lopez looks hot in her short and sassy dress.


Janelle Monae rocking her signature androgynous style. I love the added sparkle to give it a slightly more feminine touch.

No comments: