Friday, February 4, 2011

City Lust...Savannah, Georgia

One of my all-time favorite films is Clint Eastwood's Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. This film was released in 1997. I was 16 and knew, after seeing that film that I needed to visit this strikingly beautiful, southern odd-ball town. The characters are crazy, genteel and a whole other breed of American and I love them all for it. The best part...they are based on real people! This film is an adaptation of journalist and author, John Brendt's experiences among the Savannah locals and in particular surrounding the murder of a young playboy by his wealthy southern gentleman boyfriend. I also highly recommend the book of the same title.





Here are some shots of lovely Savannah:

The classic homes of Savannah.
(famous Mercer House in centre)

I love the weeping moss on the trees.

The beautiful Bonaventure Cemetery.

No comments: