Thursday, January 6, 2011

Parenthood Looking Good

I will start this post first off by saying that I am not pregnant, nor are we trying at this time. However, the idea of parenthood is becoming a more and more real thing for myself and Will. I am now 29 and will have to bite the bullet and have a baby in the next few years. Since this is in my not-too-distant future, I can't help but think about life with kids. This is also more prominently on the brain since my friends and now my cousin (who is 2 months older than me!) and his wife are procreating. I know this probably sounds really lame but, I don't want to become a 'mom'. You know what I mean...consumed by mommy-only things, letting the rest of my world slide away, and most of all, losing my sense of style. I know that I will probably change my tune when I have a child of my own but for now, I swear I will never...ever wear mom-jeans or an over-sized t-shirt with a kitten or potted flower on it. So, I did some digging and came up with some great examples of parents who have still stayed 'cool'.


L. A family at the Jazz Age Lawn Party in New York, Summer 2010.
(As seen on A Cup of Jo)
R. Actor and Model, Jane Birkin with daughter Charlotte Gainsbourg circa 1971.
(As seen on A Cup of Jo)


L. An insanely well dressed child too!
(As seen on A Cup of Jo)
C. (As seen on Style and the City)
R. Blogger Joanna Goddard of A Cup of Jo.
(As seen on A Cup of Jo)


L. Model Brad Koenig and son Hudson prior to their appearance on the runway for the Chanel Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear show.
(As seen on Style and the City)
R. Cute bespectacled family.
(As seen on Style and the City)


This baby is adorable and I love the mom's rain boots!
(As seen on Style and the City)


As I have stated previously, I absolutely adore nautical stripes. So, I believe that when I do get pregnant, I will need this ASOS dress.
(As seen on A Cup of Jo)

No comments: