Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Film I Love: Black Swan




This past weekend, Will and I went to the theater and saw Darren Aronovsky's, Black Swan. This film was beautifully filmed and acted, while the story was twisted and amazing. This film plays with your mind and your emotions, while displaying both the impressive acting skill and physical skill of both Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. Vincent Cassel as the tough, but seductive company director is also superb further establishing him as one of my favorite male actors. I will not bother to review the whole film but rather say, go see it, experience it for yourself!

On a side note, I absolutely LOVE the posters created for this film. I would love to hang the art deco style ones above my bed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I was not impressed with it. It was not was was expecting at all. I love the mom though and all the ballet involved. Bruno***

Jill said...

I think I had a pretty good idea of what to expect so I was not disappointed.

Oh, the mother was so crazy but, Barbara Hershey did a good job. I also thought Winona Ryder was decent as the Old Swan. It freaked me out when she stabbed her face...or did she??
~Jill

Anonymous said...

I hear you. Bruno***