Monday, October 25, 2010

Series I Love: Secret Diary of a Call Girl



Many women love Sex and the City and I admit that I am a fan. However, I am a much greater fan of Showtime's scintillating British series, Secret Diary of a Call Girl. It is definitely my guilty pleasure show (and one that my husband is willing to watch with me as well). They are currently shooting the 4th season which is expected to air in late January. So, I suggest catching up on the earlier seasons before then!

The series follows the life of a high-end call girl named Belle (or Hannah when she is not being a call girl). The series is based on the anonymously published books by British call girl, 'Belle de Jour'*. Throughout the series we watch as Belle/Hannah attempts to balance her two lives among her clients, friends, family, and potential love interests. Belle/Hannah is played by British teen popstar turned actress Billie Piper, who does a fabulous job in the role. I like the fact that she is not your typical looking tall, super thin model type. She is more real but rather attractive. She is also very well dressed. Check out the pics below.

*Belle revealed her real identity in November of 2009. She is Dr. Brooke Magnanti, Researcher of Child Health at Bristol University.







The rest of the cast are also quite trendy:

No comments: