Saturday, July 10, 2010

Le Chien

Months ago a friend sent me a link to Picasso's simple portrait of his dog 'Lump' entitled Le Chien or The Dog knowing that I love Dachshunds. I had often considered ordering a poster copy of Le Chien as it was just so simple, modern and adorable.



This picture (obviously of a wiener dog) prompted to me do a little bit of research on Picasso. I was familiar with his Blue Period and Cubism but not his love of his little Dachshund. As it turns out, American photojournalist and author David Douglas Duncan published a book about Picasso's relationship with 'Lump' entitled Picasso and Lump: A Dachshund's Odyssey.







Today I decided to create my own version of Picasso's Le Chien:





I am no Picasso, but I think it is pretty cute and worthy of display in my bedroom. Next time, I think I will try The Owl.

3 comments:

stalker (in an innocent noncreepy way) ok maybe a little creepy since I'm not using my name... ok fine it's Scott, you got me said...

looks damn good to me

Jill said...

Thank you Stalker(?)

Jill said...

Haha, Scott. Your name did not show up full so it was just "stalker (in am inoccent noncreepy way" but not the rest.

Thanks for you comments :)