Wednesday, December 30, 2009

All About Steve = crap


So, tonight Will and I attempted to watch the new Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper movie All About Steve. Now, I say attempted because about an hour into the movie Will had picked up the laptop and stopped paying attention while I lost all hope that the movie might get better. Rather then All About Steve this movie should have been called "All about Sandra Bullock playing a truly unlikable character stalking a man ten years too young for her". There were no real redeeming qualities to this film. Yes, I did chuckle when the large black "woman" attempted to give an interview about her former penis but that was about it. I pretty much hated every scene in which Sandra Bullock's character was present. Yes, I understand that she is supposed to be socially awkward and dresses oh-so-silly in her red boots but really...are we supposed to believe that this guy might change his mind about her?? She continuously chases him across the country after meeting him once and attempting to hump him in his truck two minutes later. This movie was beyond disappointment.

The consensus on rottentomatoes.com describes this film best: "All About Steve is an oddly creepy, sour film, featuring a heroine so desperate and peculiar that audiences may be more likely to pity than root for her."

I seriously wish I could have my $5.99 rental fee back.

Bottom line...don't waste your money on this rental. I wouldn't even suggest watching it on tv for free.

No comments: