Friday, December 5, 2008

DJing a retrospective






Here is a brief review of what I did when I turned 19, and for the year or two after that, at least what of it I can remember. I had already discovered electronic music, and then decided I thought becoming a DJ would be the next logical step. I bought records, practiced lots, and became a resident at a club. Everything after that is a little hazy. Fast-forward a year or so. I have now grown tired of sleeping little and drinking lots (lots). I leave the club scene and put it all behind me. Now, I may have grown out of the all night benders, but there was still a little part of me that loved playing music for a crowd. 4 years later: I am now back working in a nightclub a few nights a week, but this time with a lot less booze, and surprisingly, a fair bit more sleep. The club I work for decided to hold a DJ competition over the course of a few months to pick out a new resident Dj to play a weekly show. Now, I have no interest in becoming a working Dj again, but I thought it would be fun to dust off some of my old records, spend a bit of time searching out some good new music, and see if I could still throw down some tunes for a crowd. After a few stiff drinks to get my nerves down, I took to the stage and had a great time getting the dancfloor going and by and large, getting pretty damn funky.
Fun times
Here are the photos...

No comments: